Marketing Communications Specialist
Under supervision, this position is responsible for providing coordination and execution of marketing communications tactics, with a strong emphasis on online and public relations initiatives. Reports to the Director of Marketing Communications.
• Lead HALO social media strategy and execution. This includes content planning, development and day-to-day execution, monitoring, and analysis for key social networks, managing influencers and the HALO blog. (Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest etc).
• Support the Director of Marketing Communications in the execution of the PR strategy. This includes day-to-day media relations and outreach to build awareness for the HALO brand and products in both traditional media and online/blogger relations. Additionally, this includes developing communications/press releases/managing digital assets/trafficking to support key influences/endorsers and other related PR opportunities.
• Supports the Director of Marketing Communications in executing and trafficking assets for media buys.
• Manages HALO Photography/videography. Assists the Director of Communications in the coordination/production of photo and video shoots. This includes managing logistics of photo shoots, coordination with models and on-set shoot assistance (product preparation, talent management)
• Coordinate with vendors on production estimates for in-store promotional materials, works with sales and fulfillment to kit marketing materials to be used for in-store product presentation.
• Manages HALO’s email program. This includes maintaining program calendar, managing email lists, developing creative under the supervision of the Director of marketing Communications, writing and revising content, setting up the email using email software and providing timely reporting and analytics.
• Special events/tradeshow coordination and implementation for all consumer and healthcare shows.
• Maintains and updates company websites for accuracy, including monitoring inventory levels, preparing stock orders, and updating CMS. Reviews analytics and provides reporting on website performance.
• Supports Standard of Care team in PR-outreach and marketing material development. Works with participating hospitals to facilitate public relations opportunities to promote the HALO Standard of Care Program and HALO’s products. Coordinates with vendors on production estimates for sales materials and works with fulfillment to kit necessary marketing materials to support the Standard of Care Team.
• Assists Director of Marketing Communications as needed in the proofreading, editing, production, and trafficking/distribution of marketing, sales support and promotional materials.
• Monitors and polices for trademark violations.
• Provides and maintains analytics and reporting for marketing. This includes, but is not limited to media program analysis, website and social media analysis.
• Maintains inventory of all print and digital sales & marketing resource materials, including brochures/catalogues, sales support/trade show materials, digital photography library, video library and electronic files. Provides forecasting for all marketing material needs. Coordinates with vendors for production estimates and works with fulfillment to kit necessary marketing materials.
• College degree required, with a Bachelor’s degree preferred in marketing, business, communications/PR and/or a closely related field.
• 5 years of relevant work experience.
• Public relations experience preferred.
• Digital marketing experience, with specific emphasis in social media marketing preferred.
• Proficient experience with graphic design software Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator required.
• Superior computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required.
• Basic knowledge of HTML code.
• Has a team player attitude and a willingness to take on responsibilities above and beyond the formal job description.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Must be detail oriented and organized.
• Must be able to multi-task numerous responsibilities.
• Willing and able to be flexible and adapt to changing job requirements.
• Willingness to learn and self-starting, can-do attitude.
• Ability to travel domestically on occasion.
Nice to Haves
• Agency experience.
• Experience in the Juvenile industry.
• Consumer products experience.
How to Apply
Emails only to: email@example.com
SUBJECT: Marketing Communications Specialist
• Location: Minnetonka, MN
• Compensation: Competitive combination of salary and benefits.
• No recruiters.
• Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
About HALO Innovations, Inc.
Based in Minnetonka, MN, HALO Innovations, Inc. has a singular mission: to help make safe sleep easier for families. Founded in 1994 by William Schmid who began researching sleeping environments after he lost an infant daughter to SIDS, HALO is dedicated to developing products that set new standards for the safety and improved health of sleeping infants. In addition to the Bassinest, HALO is also known for their line of HALO SleepSack wearable blankets, HALO SleepSack swaddle and the new HALO SnoozyPod vibrating nighttime soother.