Hard Lines Project + Quality Manager
The Hard Lines Project + Quality Manager is responsible for leading the manufacturing and quality process for HALO’s juvenile hard lines product portfolio, including existing products and innovation. Applicants should have impeccable attention to detail and the ability to see the broad picture as it relates to the manufacturing process. The Hard Lines Project + Quality Manager is the direct communicator with 3rd party designers and factories to make sure product specifications are followed, quality standards are achieved and project timelines and budgets are met. The Hard Lines Project + Quality Manager reviews technical documents for completeness, ensures thorough review of engineering documents and procedures, and verifies that the design specifications are followed. The Hard Lines Project + Quality Manager also manages all aspects of the compliance and quality control process, ensuring that all products conform to all applicable regulations and creating all necessary warning labels and manuals. The Hard Lines Project + Quality Manager submits all hard lines products for compliance testing and is the point of contact for all issues and barriers. This position reports to the Hard Lines Director of Product Management.
• Maintains project schedule, resolves problems, monitors project progress via timely responses to daily email communications with factory(s), travels to China as necessary to meet with factory(s).
• Oversees and documents all details of manufacturing.
• Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, prototypes, and plan and schedule changes; recommends actions.
• Receives complete engineering package: (2D and 3D drawings from design partners) and reviews in detail with technical leads at chosen factory to ensure they fully understand parameters of project.
• Understands and interprets key juvenile product compliance requirements for the US and foreign markets.
• Defines applicable compliance standards, maintains testing results, directs the schedule for testing renewals, submits compliance documentation to retailers. Escalates all un-resolvable issues to ensure all issues are addressed on timely basis.
• Develops owner’s manuals, warning labels and all other materials needed to meet compliance requirements.
• Ensures proper Quality Control system is in place to ensure Quality parameters are met, monitors QC reports, and directs QC inspectors. Schedules factory audits as needed. Attends inspections as necessary.
• Consults with HALO customer service to solve consumer complaints post-launch.
• Assists in the evaluation of product returns, evaluation and implementation and introducing of product quality improvements.
• Leads or assists with factory sourcing.
• Conducts safety and risk assessments on prototypes. Recommends specific actions to resolve issues.
• Maintains historical product details and documents product evolution.
• College graduate and above.
• 5-7 years of work experience.
• Compliance, Sourcing, Engineering, or related field.
• Minimum 2 years sourcing, compliance or project engineering experience within an industrial environment.
• Has a team player attitude and a willingness to take on responsibilities above and beyond the formal job description.
• Demonstrates respect for conflicting points of view, listens to others, and builds strong working relationships across the organization and with 3rd party partners.
• Demonstrates the ability to work well with a cross-functional team as well as the ability to work autonomously as needed, with an emphasis on being results oriented.
• Excellent computer skills in MS Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated team leadership qualities.
• Understanding of key quality concepts and regulations.
• Willingness to learn and self-starting, can-do attitude.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally on occasion.
Nice to Haves
• B.S. in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
• M.B.A. or M.S. in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical, or Quality a plus.
• Experience in the Juvenile industry.
• Consumer products experience.
• Experience dealing with juvenile compliance and regulatory standards.
• Project Management certified.
• Conversant in Mandarin.
How to Apply
Emails only to: email@example.com
SUBJECT: Hard Lines Project + Quality Manager
• Location: Minnetonka, MN
• Compensation: Competitive combination of salary and benefits.
• No recruiters.
• Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
About HALO Innovations, Inc.
Based in Minnetonka, MN, HALO Innovations, Inc. has a singular mission: to help make safe sleep easier for families. Founded in 1994 by William Schmid who began researching sleeping environments after he lost an infant daughter to SIDS, HALO is dedicated to developing products that set new standards for the safety and improved health of sleeping infants. In addition to the Bassinest, HALO is also known for their line of HALO SleepSack wearable blankets, HALO SleepSack swaddle and the new HALO SnoozyPod vibrating nighttime soother.